Re: Will default key bindings spell the death of Emacs?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Will default key bindings spell the death of Emacs?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:58:46 +0200

> We already have a feature that does more or less that job: the feature
> of rebinding a command to another alternate command.  For instance, a
> major mode, instead of rebinding C-n, could rebind next-line.

I think what's needed is the other way round: modes bind a symbolic
<next-line> function key, and the Church of Emacs uses C-n to invoke
that symbolic function key, whereas the heretic Viperians use j to
invoke the same.

And then dired, say, could bind something to <next-line> and
Viperians can then type j to invoke the special dired function.
--
This line is not blank.