Re: Idea for determining what users use

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: Idea for determining what users use
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:48:52 -0500

>>>> On Sat, 31 May 2003 15:51:57 -0400, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:
    rms> Anyway, if you normally send mail thru Emacs, there won't be
    rms> a problem.  This feature would use compose-mail, like
    rms> everything else in Emacs that sends mail, so these messages
    rms> would go through your setup and would work.

I use Emacs for mail.  Every now and again when I send mail it
hangs Emacs for 1-2.5 minutes.  Since it happens infrequently I'm
assuming it's just my smtp server.

I don't mind this normally as I don't send out all that much mail and
when I do, since I'm in mail-mode (figuratively), it's not a
distraction.  But if I'm busy working on something and hit a function
that's considered dated, it would be extremely aggravating to have
everything hang while it mailed some usage info on the func I just
hit.  Having it prompt and ask me if it was ok to send the mail would
only be slightly less annoying.

Just this user's opinion.