Re: windmove and the minibuffer

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: windmove and the minibuffer
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 08:36:22 -0500 (CDT)

So depending on "something" we actually can get not two, but three
different window-at behaviors.  It might be difficult to figure out
what the "something" is without studying the C code.  I know C, but,
at present, I am not really familiar at all with Emacs' C code, just
with its Elisp code.

   S-down still does not go back to the minibuffer.
   Hm.

I do understand that, given:

   > (window-at 0 (window-height))

   #<window 3 on *scratch*>

With point at the beginning of the scratch buffer, these are the
coordinates that `windmove-find-other-window' passes to window-at.
Hence, you stay in *scratch* (without error message).  On my system,
the expression returns nil, so I get an error message (and also stay
in scratch).

For Juanma the expression returns:

 #<window 4 on  *Minibuf-0*>

So he goes to the minibiuffer.

If one could fix the window-at problem, the windmove problem would
automatically disappear.  This is not a bug in windmove.el.

Sincerely,

Luc.