Re: S-backspace

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:49:48 -0500 (CDT)

>From a message I sent several days ago:

   Oliver Scholz wrote:

      But I'd vote against binding `kill-whole-line' to
      `S-M-<backspace>'. The penalty for clumsy fingers is way to high. I'd
      have to be carefule and assure that I set my fingers right in order
      to use this command -- which means that it would me more inconvenient
      and complicated than `C-a C-k C-k', so I won't use it.

      [C-S-<backspace>, or still better: `C-S-k' is fine, IMO.]

   C-S-<backspace> is probably safer than S-M-<backspace>.

   C-S-k is more intuitive.  However, are there people who actually use
   the Caps Lock key?  Because C-S-k might give them trouble.

Are there any objections against changing the binding of
kill-whole-line from M-S-<backspace> to C-S-<backspace>?
(To avoid people accidentally killing their X server by hitting the
wrong key.)  I could commit that change if there are no objections.

Sincerely,

Luc.