Re: yet another todo editing system

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: yet another todo editing system
Date: 08 Jun 2003 03:51:01 -0400

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

   In the mean time, I would appreciate it if you could tell me
   what you think.

i think i already have enough todo to be trying to answer this
question but hey, vivaldi is on the radio...

   Is there already an Emacs package out there that does what my
   program does?

probably.  you surmise as much yourself.  why not actually finish
your research instead of asking for others to do that for you?
(see Y and Z below.)

   But maybe my version of things has potential on its own.  After
   all, it is simple.  Would you like to see an Emacs Lisp port?

personally, i would like to see a post like "hey, i know there are
N todo systems out there (according to Y and Z research methods),
but none that i've seen has these features: A, B, C -- how can i
incorporate them into existing elisp todo system T, which seems
most likely to be able to support my new features?", posted to
gnu-emacs-help, and then after a bit of time has passed, code
posted to gnu-emacs-sources.

for Y and Z, try google and http://www.emacswiki.org to start.

alternatively, if A, B and C are seemingly not implementable in
elisp, i would like to see questions on how to do so (posted to
gnu-emacs-help); maybe i can learn something from the resulting
discussion.

thi