Re: Gud lord!

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gud lord!
Date: 09 Jun 2003 17:11:37 +0900

> Every single time that big changes (big == "affecting more than one file")
> are suggested in the list, there's little or no discussion, no
> one really opposes... and then, after the fact, disagreement suddenly
> pop ups. I find it quite a bit tiring.

Get used to it.

Obviously it's rather _better_ to speak your mind before a change, if
possible, but:

I often don't follow threads which don't seem interesting in their first
few messages, and there have been big changes discussed at the tail-end
of threads which may not even resemble the original topic!  Even if you
go to the trouble of posting an obvious announcement message (like Kim's
recent warnings), I think it's not uncommon for people to miss such
things for whatever reason.

The effects of big changes are often rather hard to miss once they're
done, however.  If there's a problem, there's a problem, and I'd hope
that people will speak up when they see one, regardless of how annoying
it is for the person who made the change.

.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.