Re: [Fwd: [arch-users] Re: Gud lord!]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [arch-users] Re: Gud lord!]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:14:44 +0200

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 22:11:49 +0200
Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> wrote:

> Didn't they finish Sagrada Familia in time for the Olympics?

No.

> I didn't realize it was a work in progress.

Yes, it is a work in progress, and will be for a long time. Most
optimistic estimation puts it at about 2100. Money, not technology, is
the limiting factor, of course. Barcelona does not pay the Sagrada
Familia work; individual contributions do.

> Try that with CVS.  It isn't trivial, easy, or natural.

I don't doubt it. I'm just saying that all these things, wonderful as
they are, don't imply that you can not do development well with CVS. You
can. Lotsa people can.

> Subversion has design problems that it is unlikely to solve without
> a radical rewrite.  Arch already solved these problems a year ago.

Yeah, but you know what? What I like more from subversion is that it
isn't radical, it "doesn't go far enough". It is (or tries to be) just
"a better CVS". A better CVS is fine by me.

                                                                Juanma