Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:08:15 -0400

> HTML has LINK in HEAD; LINK is meant to serve those purposes and lynx
> supports it since ages.

I don't know exactly what "supports it" means, but I know that in all
browsers I've used (thatdoes not include Lynx), they either didn't
pay attention to those <LINK> tags, or if they did, they didn't
do much useful with them.  At best, they get put in some submenu
where nobody will ever see them.
I've asked for better support for such things in Galeon, but was
basically ignored.  It would be great to bind keys to "next", "up",
"prev", "index", or have toolbar entries to follow those special
links: you could then browse documents almost as well as with Info,
but nobody in the webbrowsers world seems to understand.

        Stefan