Re: [Translation-i18n] Re: Pattern for spell-checking in po-files.

From: Göran Uddeborg
Subject: Re: [Translation-i18n] Re: Pattern for spell-checking in po-files.
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:39:55 +0200

Dwayne Bailey writes:
> It does make sense to check the msgid if you want to spell check the
> original untranslated English.  The corrections in the PO would be
> useless but finding the errors and correcting them via a jump to source
> or by sending info to MSGID_BUG_ADDRESS is very usefull.

I probably consider it better to create ispell patterns for the source
language for that purpose.  And it could be a bit error prone; if the
functionality is there, it might confuse somebody into thinking the
original message could actually be FIXED in the po file.

But if someone bothers to implement this anyway, just make sure you
check EITHER the msgid OR the msgstr in a particular run, not both.
They should obviously be checked with different dictionaries.