Re: narrow-to-here-document

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: narrow-to-here-document
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:29:57 -0400

The term "here document" is used for shell programming only.
You've explained that this mode is intended for broader use.
So the term "here document" has two problems: it is too long
in function names, and it is too narrow.

This suggests we should use some other more general term instead.
How about "literal"?  Any other suggestions?

    (defun make-indirect-buffer-for-hdoc (&optional change-major-mode)...

I suggest the name edit-literal for that function.
We should not rigidly put all relevant entities into the function name.