Re: NEWS file

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: NEWS file
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:20:33 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Roberts wrote:

   Changes in 21.2 and 21.3 could be listed as such or, less
   accurately but more simply, as changes in 21.4. In any case I,
   since I don't really know what to do, I won't make any changes.

Why not just make the 21.3.50 NEWS file contain the entire 21.3 NEWS
file starting from:

* Installation changes in Emacs 21.3

and add all 21.4 specific stuff on top?

(If I understand correctly that is exactly what you and Kim are
suggesting.)

That would make things a lot simpler for people switching from Emacs
21.2 or 21.3 to the current CVS, as they would get an accurate
overview of which changes to expect.

If I understand correctly, you are volunteering to make that change,
although it is probably better to wait to make sure that Richard
agrees.

In as far as `Info-scroll-prefer-subnodes' is concerned the current
single entry should then be split into two entries; The original 21.2
entry and a new 21.4 entry saying that the default was changed from t
to nil.

Sincerely,

Luc.