Re: emacs arch archive

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: emacs arch archive
Date: 01 Aug 2003 12:40:56 +0900

>     I still don't know how I can provide external access though
>     (alpha.gnu.org used to be suitable for this kind of thing, as it
>     used a directory on fencepost, but I have no idea where it is
>     these days, or how to get write access to it).
>
> It is probably the directory ~ftp on fencepost.

It used to be that, but now ~ftp seems to point to something random
(it only contains two subdirectories `incoming' and `outgoing', but that
doesn't resemble what's visible on alpha.gnu.org).

There's also /gnu/alpha on fencepost, which _appears_ to contains an the
old version of ~ftp, but it's not the same as what I see at
alpha.gnu.org -- it looks like maybe the current alpha was at somepoint
cloned from what's in /gnu/alpha, but it's apparently diverged quite a
bit since then.

I've also seen a plea on the arch-users mailing list, asking people to
bug savannah-hackers to allow sftp: (ssh's file-transfer protocol)
access to savannah -- this would allow arch to have R/W access to
archives stored there.

In the long-term I'd like to have a official arch archive for emacs on
savannah too (at least R/O), but in the short term anyplace that allows
public R/O html access would be nice.

So are there _any_ gnu sysadmin types out there reading this?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."