Re: Buffer size indicator on the mode line.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Buffer size indicator on the mode line.
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:53:49 -0400

    To show the size, I added `(size-indication-mode " %i")' to
    `mode-line-position' and implemented the `%i'-construct for
    `mode-line-format'.

    Do you people think this is a nice feature?

I think it is a nice feature, thought it would be better to say
"19% of 46673" to make it clear what the number means.

However, given the shortage of mode line space, I think we should not
turn this on by default.