Re: extensions for emacsclient (CVS version)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: extensions for emacsclient (CVS version)
Date: 10 Sep 2003 11:08:49 -0400

>> Other than that, it looks fine to me.  In order to be able to install
>> this change in Emacs-CVS, we need to make sure you have signed the relevant
>> paperwork (ideally an assignment of copyright covering all your changes to
>> Emacs, IIRC you want to ask address@hidden to get the relevant form).
> I guess there is no easier way to contribute to the emacs project?

Other than limiting yourself to a total of about 10 lines of new code, no.
Note that it's still pretty easy if you sign the above mentioned form since
it covers future changes as well, so you do it once and then you can forget
about it.
Of course, if you have to do that for a hundred different projects, it's
still annoying.

        Stefan