Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:38:54 -0400 (EDT)

      The information actually is conveyed in the documentation
      string, though maybe not clearly enough:

      Basic face for the scroll bar colors under X.
                                           ^^^^^^^^

   I am not sure here.  The reason why I think of this as excluding GTK
   is because, unlike Lucid and LessTif, GTK does not use X resources.

That does not matter.  In the case at hand, GTK is running under X.
It is not running under some other windowing system.

If you want to say

      Basic face for the scroll bar colors under toolkits like GTK
      that do not use X resources, even when running under X.

then please fix the documentation to say so.  Otherwise, the
documentation string falsely suggests that the feature applies to all
toolkits running under X.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden