Re: groupware question

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: groupware question
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:50:51 -0400 (EDT)

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote

   The technical problems I've had with "one Emacs for two people" had
   mostly to do with multiple simultaneous minibuffer activations.

   Or ... such as your *Help* buffer is shown on the other guy's
   display and you just sit there wondering what is Emacs waiting for.

   ... mostly irrelevant ..., either we wanted really close
   interaction, in which case "one typist, 4 eyes" worked better ...

   or otherwise a system based on CVS-with-frequent-commit...

This is both interestng and helpful.  It is good advice.

It should become a standard part of some document -- perhaps in the
Emacs manual in a general node on remote cooperation.  The node could
describe `talk-connect'

    (By the way, in which Texinfo file is `talk-connect' currently
    documented?  I just looked and could not find it!)

and `make-frame-on-display', for fast connections, (emacs)Multiple Displays

In addition the node could describe the `emacsclient' hack, and for
sufficiently fast connections, the use of VNC and maybe something
such as `gnomemeeting'.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden