Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:50:07 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Alexander Pohoyda <address@hidden> writes:
>>  > I have found a variable called rmail-enable-mime, and some void
>>  > variables of type rmail-*-mime-* which don't fit into my
>>  > implementation and I don't understand why they are here anyway.
>>
>>  IIRC, this is for add-on packages that add MIME support to RMAIL.

> Do you know of such a package? I was not able to find any.

Morioka-san developped such a package.  The several
rmail-*-mime-*-function are introduced for that package.
I'll attach it at the tail.  But, unfortunately, before
releasing that package officially, he moved to another
organization and got very busy.  It decodes a message into
another buffer (rmail-view-buffer) without modifying RMAIL
buffer itself.  As far as I know, one problem with this
package is that it's very slow in rmail-search[-backward].

> If there exist some, I don't want to break it. Otherwise I don't
> believe those variables are useful.

It seems that we can't expect Morioka-san to work on
rmail-mime package, at least, for a while.  So, if keeping
those variables is very difficult, I think you can delete
them.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden