Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Alexander Pohoyda
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:41:26 +0200 (MEST)

> > Granted, we can delete boundaries and header field we don't want to
> > see, but what to do with big bodyparts like attached images?
>
> We could replace them with some icon, and give the user a way to
> decode and display them with some key binding.

Replace on the screen, not changing the content of the mail, right?
That's what I would like to do. The problem is that we have to do this
after the mail is reformated, but there is no valid MIME message after
the rmail-reformat-message call: the message is broken into two parts
by the EOOH marker.
To be able to MIME-parse it, I have to glue the message back and
delete the "simplified" header in between.

> > Also, please note that if we delete any MIME-related information, we
> > will not be able to parse the message again later.
>
> You don't need to delete it, just to hide it.  RMAIL already hides
> some headers, so the same machinery could be used here.

If you mean rmail-clear-headers function, then it does not hide headers,
but deletes them.

That's what I'm trying to hear in this discussion.
Can't we just hide header fields instead of creating another "simplified"
header in between of the message and thus braking it?

--
Alexander Pohoyda <address@hidden>
PGP Key fingerprint: 7F C9 CC 5A 75 CD 89 72