Re: Undocumented hyperlinks in doc strings.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Undocumented hyperlinks in doc strings.
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:06:58 -0400

    That could be mended by a slight change in the current standard
    (which, to me, means: "as recommended in the Elisp manual") way of
    commenting out code, which I proposed in an earlier message: follow
    the semicolons by a single space if the line is meant to be a heading
    line and by at least two spaces otherwise.

That convention, in itself, would not hurt anything.  But if we wanted
to follow it all the time, what exactly would we make comment-region
do, for Lisp code?  Would we make it insert two spaces always?  Two
spaces, when given an arg of 3?  And what would uncomment-region do?
If we make it try to remove two spaces (when there are two),
then it would uncomment all the existing commented-out code wrong.

I am not saying that these answer have to be perfect, but we need
to pick answers.