Re: More Common Lisp stuff...

From: M . C . Widerkrantz
Subject: Re: More Common Lisp stuff...
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:59:43 +0200

Lars Brinkhoff <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm implementing Common Lisp symbols, packages, streams, readtables,
>> and the CL reader in Emacs Lisp.  Anyone else into that kind of stuff?
>> (No, I'm not pushing for merging more CL stuff into Emacs.)
>
> FIY, I have now implemented 429 of the 978 external symbols in the
> COMMON-LISP package.

Cool. When you are going to release it, Lars? What license are you
going to use?

Did you know that Ingvar Mattson <ingvar (at) bofh.se> and others are
trying to do it the other way around? Ingvar has written Common Lisp
code to be able to parse Emacs Lisp. I think Ingvar and friends are
trying to make Portable Hemlock Emacs Lisp compatible.

I think Martin "Rydis" Rydström <rydis (at) cd.chalmers.se> is into
this as a well.

Myself, I would like to see things go in another direction. Does
anyone know of a portable curses-like package for Common Lisp that I
could use to build an Emacs frontend and use Ingvar's elisp package to
make it Emacs compatible? Does anyone else have any similar plans?

--
MC, http://hack.org/mc/