Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:38:35 -0600

Juri Linkov wrote:

2. Sometimes there is a need to make a bookmark to the message to be
able to quickly return to it later.  Hopeless.  Only one way to fetch
old message is to start MUA and browse through dozens of folders and
hundreds of messages in every folder.

I did a little work on this issue about 2 1/2 years ago.  My approach
was to define a bookmark as a URL whose protocol is "mailmessage", so
that I could use Emacs' url.el library to parse it and ange-ftp.el to
access remote //address@hidden folders.  However, I wrote it as an add-on
to VM, so the code that actually views the folder and selects the
message would have to be converted to Rmail.  And it would have to be
extended to handle IMAP folders (cf. file folders).

--
Kevin Rodgers