Re: References in elisp.dvi.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: References in elisp.dvi.
Date: 24 Oct 2003 10:24:54 -0400

> in make bootstrap, the second make shd create it again.
> that's the way to avoid this error.

BTW, why does bootstrap do all those `clean' steps?  The few times I call
`bootstrap' I find those steps just waste my time by removing and rebuilding
files in the exact same way.  I'd rather call the bootstrap-clean-before
step manually when needed.  It's especially annoying when the bootstrap
fails partway because "fix && make boostrap" will start all over from
scratch each and every time.

        Stefan