Re: terminal escapes in Info files?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: terminal escapes in Info files?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:40:06 +0100

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> PS.  Alex, what do you think about the following?  Those functions are
> documented in the top-level comment, and appear to be basic API entry
> points for the ansi-color.el library, so it might be useful to
> autoload them.  I don't know if adding autoload cookies here and there
> is considered polluting though.

I don't mind more autoloads, but if you write code that you *know*
will use ansi-color, then the right thing would be to require the
library.  Per default, autoload cookies would only be used for a)
interactive stuff and b) very common stuff.  I don't think ansi-color
is that commen, yet.

As to applying patches right now: With this huge ansi-code.el file I
received, it seems like a major rewrite of ansi-color.el will
be likely to happen.  Any volunteers to take over maintainership?  :)

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
There is no substitute for experience.