Re: char-displayable-p issue

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: Re: char-displayable-p issue
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:12:01 -0800 (PST)

You can ignore the first patch -- the second one supercedes it.  I should
have clearer about that.

No rush -- I realize this is a significant change to a very complex and
critical piece of code.

Below is a correct version of the ChangeLog entry:

2003-10-27  Michael Mauger  <address@hidden>

        * w32fns.c (w32_normalize_xlfd): Added function.  Expands a
        partial XLFD specification into a fully qualified specification by
        filling in wildcards. Translates Windows-specific font format to a
        fully qualified XLFD specification.
        (w32_get_xlfd_field): Added function.  Returns a portion of a XLFD
        specification.
        (w32_to_x_font): Use "*" rather than "unknown" for unknown XLFD
        FOUNDRY.  Use "*" when FAMILY is empty.
        (x_to_w32_font): Rewritten.  Use `w32_normalize_xlfd' and
        `w32_get_xlfd_field' to parse XLFD string properly.
        (xlfd_strip_height): Rewrote to simplify and correct.
        (w32_font_match): Normalize XLFD pattern before stripping height
        or converting to a regex.  Because the pattern is fully qualified,
        wildcards now match "[^-]*" rather than ".*" as it did before.
        (w32_list_fonts): If face name has no wildcards then use it in
        Windows FontEnum to reduce the number of fonts enumerated.