Re: terminal escapes in Info files?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: terminal escapes in Info files?
Date: 28 Oct 2003 13:08:37 -0500

> Because, believe it or not, some people still use it,

Of course I use it everyday.

> there's a lot of history there, and just eradicating Info and replacing it
> with HTML would not go over well.

But by switching to something like enriched-mode, we're heading straight
down that path and it isn't hard to see that sooner or later we'd want
more than enriched-mode and ...

I guess the question is: how much work would it require to take
the subset of HTML generated by makeinfo and render it (both
in M-x info and in the info program) ?

        Stefan