Re: APOP support in movemail

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: APOP support in movemail
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:16:04 -0500

    > I will look, thanks.  However, I need something that can work on
    > Windows as well as Unix, and prefer non-Cygwin ports.  Do you know
    > about Windows ports of Mailutils?

    Sorry, I don't.  But aren't there build chains that allow you to
    compile native Windows binaries on Unix?  But I'm not familiar with
    them, though.

I think it is useful at this point for me to restate the GNU project
policy that support for non-free operating systems such as Windows is
a secondary priority.  We will not make major design decisions based
on what does or does not suit Windows.

Our motto is: Whatever you are doing, it runs best on GNU.