Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:38:53 +0000 (UTC)

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

   > .... The next step would be to persuade the Mozilla/Galeon
   > developers to make it easy to bind next, prev, up, last,
   > regexp-search, and spacebar to keystrokes, so you could avoid the
   > mouse. ....

   It would be better to provide an XSLT. The XSL could handle things
   like keystrokes by associating javascript actions with markup (eg:
   nodes).

Does that mean we would not have to ask the Mozilla/Galeon developers
to do anything, but that the XSLT file would provide all that is
needed?

If so, this sounds like an excellent idea, since it would mean that
the documentation on remote Web sites could be navigated through,
searched, and read nearly as easily as Info documentation locally.

I would especially like to see keystrokes for navigation, like `M-s'
for the equivalent of `Info-search', n, p, u, and spacebar.  Then I
could read a great deal that is remote from my machine and, as a
consequence, from me.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden