group on non-unix like systems [was: ls-lisp and remote files]

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: group on non-unix like systems [was: ls-lisp and remote files]
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:11:36 +0100

Yesterday I installed changes that add a new optional parameter id-format to file-attributes and directory-files-and-attributes. Today I realize that those changes don't compile on windows and mac because these systems don't have the getgrgid function. To fix that, I have implemented the missing function in src/w32.c and src/mac.c and defined struct group in new files nt/inc/grp.h and mac/inc/grp.h. The function getgrgid is just a stub that always returns "root" as group name. Maybe the people that maintain windows and mac ports want to check my changes. If so, thank you for your help!

By the way, the files nt/inc/grp.h and mac/inc/grp.h are new, so they need tags. How do one create them?