Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:16:45 +0100

Hello all,

[I hope I've got the cc list right.]

> On the subject of Lynx, has anyone tried this version of Links?
>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/
> It apparently has Javascript support and is GPLed.

I use it regularily as my text browser, it handles tables and frames
nicely.  I like it very much.

It's not only text browser, it's also a lightweight X web browser.
I know several people who have links as their primary X browser.

It's being actively developed.

There is also a derived project, ``elinks,'' which can be extended by
Lua and Guile.  The maintainer of elinks is also very responsive and
helped me to fix a problem in an hour.  (http://elinks.or.cz/)

But unless you find a reason to use elinks, start with the true links,
as you mentioned above.

The authors are Czech, feel free to ask me for help in case you needed it.

So, go on and make links a requirement for your web info solution with
text terminal clients.

I'd be glad to answer any questions...

Stepan