Re: Info enhancements

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:11:13 -0500

    > I must not have been clear.  The format I meant is:
    >
    >      * MENU-ENTRY-NAME: NODE-NAME.   LINE_NUMBER. DESCRIPTION
    >
    > instead of Dave Gillespie's
    >
    >      * MENU-ENTRY-NAME: NODE-NAME.   DESCRIPTION. LINE_NUMBER.

Of those two, I think the latter is better because the line number
will be less intrusive.

However,

     * MENU-ENTRY-NAME: NODE-NAME (LINE_NUMBER).     DESCRIPTION

or something along those lines would be even better.  This makes
it visible that the line number goes with the node name and that
the two together spec the location.

I chose parens for this example but that was arbitrary.  I'm not
attached to that particular detail.

    But what do you think about recording the locations of index entries
    in the tag table?  For example:

Something like this might be ok, depending on details, but it might
be a bigger change.