Re: Info enhancements

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:35 -0500

Most of the features are good ones, but I think these two
should have different interfaces.

    * Implemented a new `S' command suggested by Eli.  This command is
      bound to a new function `Info-search-case-sensitively' that searches
      for a regexp case-sensitively.  The `Info-search-next' uses the case
      of a previous `Info-search' or `Info-search-case-sensitively' command.

It would be more consistent with the rest of Emacs to make the user
interface be to specify this with a capital letter in the regexp.

    * Added a new keybinding "/" for `Info-search-next' (suggested by Reiner).

I think that `s RET' would be a good way to specify this,
also more consistent with other search commands in Emacs.