Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:04:32 -0500

    Yes, s-region has one unique feature (compared to cua and pc-select)
    which is that it only shows the region highlight temporarily (for one
    second).  But other than that, cua can be customized to just provide
    the same functionality as s-region and pc-selection mode.

Do you think that is a useful feature?  If so, maybe it would
be good to add that feature to cua, perhaps has an option.

    The major difference is that with pc-selection-mode the region remains
    highlighted while s-region only highlights it temporarily.

I think most people will prefer the permanent highlighting.
Maybe it isn't worth adding the temporary highlighting option.

    But there are some fundamental problems with s-region which make me doubt
    doubt that anyone is actually using it:

Ok, let's declare it obsolete.