Re: Ok, I have had it. A proposal for wizards.

From: Danilo Segan
Subject: Re: Ok, I have had it. A proposal for wizards.
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:27:50 +0100

> Last time we discussed something similar, the overall consensus was
> to call these ``saints'', not ``wizards''.

Just to point out that Gnome (GNU Desktop environment) is
standardizing on "assistants" instead (mostly because everything else
like 'druid', 'wizard' is hard to translate to other languages).

Even though Emacs UI is not translated, if there's no any practical
reason not to use the same terminology, I think 'assistant' would be a
good choice.

Emacs manual seems to contain only one occurence of word "assistant",
so I don't see a terminology clash anywhere.

Cheers,
Danilo