Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions
Date: 04 Jan 2004 18:17:43 -0500

> This is undesirable because it contradicts the name
> `completion-ignored-extensions'.  That's why I suggested adding a new
> variable `completion-ignored-names'.

I think that Kim's suggestion is the best as long as we only have
completion-ignored-extensions (and it's indeed 100% compatible since names
with slashes were completely ignored in released versions of Emacs).

But I for one would like to move on from completion-ignored-extensions to
something more powerful that can ignore .#* as well (for example).

So instead of completion-ignored-names I'd suggest completion-ignored-regexp
(or completion-ignored-regexps if people feel like having a list of regexps
instead of a single one is worth the trouble).

        Stefan