Re: Image support for Carbon Emacs (Re: Consolidation of image support)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Image support for Carbon Emacs (Re: Consolidation of image support)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:53:43 +0900

>> OS 9 successful.  But I cannot try to run it because it does not
>> run on a machine with more than 256 MB of RAM as mac/INSTALL says.

> This limit should now be 512MB, by the way.  Maybe some Mac mode
> needs to be fixed to accept upto 512MB before the mac/INSTALL file
> can be changed, but at least the underlying limit has been bumped.

Thanks to your change on 2004-01-14, I could avoid a warning about
memory size by detaching a memory module from my laptop.  But I still
got "Error Type 2" and could not launch Emacs on Mac OS 9, and what is
worse, this error makes the operating system unstable.  I'm not
familiar with Mac OS 9 at all, so I don't think I can fix it soon.

Also, it is found that the changes of defines from HAVE_CARBON to
MAC_OS, which I made in my patch, did not reflect the intention of
these defines.

  http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2003-03/msg00225.html

(The above is a post by Andrew Choi.  Kim F. Storm gave me a reference
to it.)  So it seems to be better to withdraw the changes about Mac OS
9 from my patch for now.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden