Re: Buffer Boundary Problem

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Buffer Boundary Problem
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:26:52 +0100

Hello.

Please send some more information about your setup, are you using GTK, Motif, or whatever, native scrollbars or not, if you are using GTK, what theme, does the problem only show with default-indicate-buffer-boundaries set to t.

I can not reproduce this.

        Jan D.

Vinicius Jose Latorre wrote:

I'm using:

(setq default-indicate-buffer-boundaries t)

And I'm liking the buffer boundaries indication.

But it has a problem, suppose you're visiting a file bigger than the window in
Emacs.  So, the vertical scroll bar looks like:
   _
  |^|
  | |
  | |
  | |
  | |
  | |
  |v|
   -

Now, type several C-n (next-line) until the window scrolls up.

The vertical scroll bar now looks like:
   _
  |^|
  | |
  | |
  |v|
  | |
  | |
  |v|
   -

Or, sometimes, like:
   _
  | |
  | |
  | |
  |v|
  | |
  | |
  |v|
   -

I've just downloaded Emacs (via cvs) and bootstrap it today (2004-jan-31).

Am I doing something wrong?

Vinicius