Re: RMAIL against Texinfo

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL against Texinfo
Date: 03 Feb 2004 12:13:39 +0200

> From: Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:34:11 +0100
> >
> > I think mail-strip-quoted-names removes <> and any other junk, so it
> > sounds like prepending \` to "info-" would be better than \<.  Do you
> > agree?
>
> In that case, sure.  (I'm somewhat confused about what does the string
> look like that's passed to rmail-dont-reply-to-names.)

The function rmail-dont-reply-to gets the string that lists the full
addresses which are candidates for being replied to.  It then extracts
each individual address one by one, runs it through
mail-strip-quoted-names (which converts "Foo Bar <address@hidden>"
into just "address@hidden"), and if the result matches
rmail-dont-reply-to-names, it removes the matching address from the
list of destinations.

> Oh, you're suggesting to change the default value of
> rmail-dont-reply-to-names!

Yes.