Re: CVS emacs crashes right after startup

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CVS emacs crashes right after startup
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:36:04 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: 04 Feb 2004 12:47:22 -0500
>
> As a reader, I'd think "damn, why can't they fix it so I can save 6MB and
> startup faster"?

I strongly suspect that the difference in sizes is due to debug info
(thus doesn't affect startup time at all), and that the extra debug
info is confusing unexec to the point that it produces a bad binary.

Alas, I have no access to a Solaris machine with GCC and Binutils, not
to mention a total lack of time to work on this even if I did.