Re: diff.el now uses diff-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: diff.el now uses diff-mode
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:33:24 -0500

    The tex-mode part is code that works very poorly as it is, so I doubt people
    use it much.  I expect most people who need such feature use AUCTeX instead,
    so I think it's OK to just junk it.

Ok.

    We may be able to implement a better replacement afterwards using the new
    compile.el, actually.  But I don't think this should stop us from
    installing the new compile.el.

    As for ada-xref.el, I'll let Daniel explain what might be broken, because
    I don't know.  It's not even clear to me whether it would be broken
    or not.  Also the ada-xref.el code does some really fishy things which
    might break other packages.

I will ask the author of that package to contact Daniel.