Change in compile.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Change in compile.el
Date: 16 Feb 2004 15:08:48 -0500

About the following change:

2004-02-16  Alfred M. Szmidt  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)

        * progmodes/compile.el (compilation-directory): New defvar.
        (compile): Save current directory in compilation-directory.
        (recompile): Bind default-directory to compilation-directory if
        that is non-nil.

Has somebody tested this change?  It doesn't work for me because it sets
a global variable and thus forces the directory to be the same as "the last
compile", rather than the same as "this compile".

I.e. it breaks in those cases where the old code did the right thing
(i.e. when you go to a compile-mode buffer and do `recompile' there).

        Stefan

PS: Also, would it be possible to try and refrain from changing compile.el
until the newer version is installed?