Problems with latest CVS.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Problems with latest CVS.
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:37:34 -0600 (CST)

Does anybody else see any of this?

With the very latest CVS Emacs used to crash rather quickly after
startup after typing a bunch of keystrokes.  After reverting this
change:

   2004-02-16  Dmitry Antipov  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)

            * keyboard.c (prev_read): New static variable.
            (read_avail_input): Use it to zero out only those slots in
            buf[]
            that were used last time we were called.

Emacs no longer seems to crash.

However, even after this revert old minibuffer messages about reading
directories keep getting redisplayed over and over again in rapid
succession, even after a subsequent quit.  An idle Emacs chews up
nearly twenty percent of CPU.

I do seem to have problems with my disk, but I do not believe that can
be the cause.  I just marked all my bad blocks bad and repaired my
file system.  Still, does anybody else see this with the very latest
CVS (less than 3 hours old)?

(emacs-version):
"GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)\n of 2004-02-16 on
swt40.swt.com"

Sincerely,

Luc.