Re: Problems with latest CVS.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Problems with latest CVS.
Date: 17 Feb 2004 02:37:29 +0100

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anybody else see any of this?
>
> With the very latest CVS Emacs used to crash rather quickly after
> startup after typing a bunch of keystrokes.  After reverting this
> change:
>
>    2004-02-16  Dmitry Antipov  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)
>
>           * keyboard.c (prev_read): New static variable.
>           (read_avail_input): Use it to zero out only those slots in
>           buf[]
>           that were used last time we were called.
>
> Emacs no longer seems to crash.

It was using uninitialized data on the stack.

I have installed a (hopefully) correct fix for this, preserving the
intention of only clearing what's being used.

BTW, I also installed another fix a hour ago or so, but it wasn't ok,
as it caused emacs to loop in GC.  My latest fix (properly handling
re-entrance to read_avail_input) seems to work alright.

If there are still problems, I suggest to revert keyboard.c back
to revision 1.761.