Re: Pretest scheduled?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Pretest scheduled?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:12:26 +0000

 > >  Is there a pretest coming up soon?
 >
 > Probably, but it will be from the 21.1 branch again, not the trunk.
 > There is a snapshot of the CVS trunk as of 28 Dec
 > at http://www.crasseux.com/emacs

Earlier, I sent the message below, which has either got lost or delayed. I
might be missing something but I wouldn't think that 21.4 would need much
pretesting.

Nick

  From "Re: Emacs release numbering 21.4 vs. 22.1"

  GDB has a schedule so that developers can plan ahead. In Emacs, developers
  have to guess when and from where the next release will occur. As Kim says,
  most have guessed it will be from HEAD. This can be seen from the very small
  numbers of commits on the RC branch since the release of 21.3.

  21.4 won't be a bugfix release, it will be 21.3 updated for Texinfo. I think
  many users who submitted bug reports and patches over the last year will be
  disappointed.