Re: autorevert.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: autorevert.el
Date: 14 Mar 2004 18:15:54 -0500

> How do we prevent autorevert.el from using inappropriate
> revert-buffer-function's?

How does the code figure out whether auto-reverting the buffer is needed?
I mean, there's no visited-time to check, right?
So maybe we should add a `auto-revert-stale-function' which dired and
buffer-menu can set.  This will clean up the current staleness checking
function since it will only have to work for file-buffers, and will
make sure that revert-buffer-function is only called by auto-revert
for modes which have auto-revert support.

        Stefan