Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:40:52 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   > Back in September, I noticed that SES was not listed im my (dir)Top
   > under Emacs.  I tried adding SES to emacs/info/dir.  It had no effect
   > whatsoever.

   What effect you were looking for?  The effect should be visible if
   you type `d' inside the *info* buffer.

If you invoke the Emacs binary from the source tree?  If I remember
well, I tried it with the installed version.

   Makefile.in takes care of adding the entries to the system-wide DIR
   file when you say "make install".  But until you do say "make
   install", the Emacs binary invoked from its source tree uses the DIR
   file supplied with the distribution.

Anyway, the problem seems trivial to fix.  Do I need to do anything
more than the following patch?  I could install that right now, if it
is OK.

===File ~/dir-diff==========================================
*** dir.~1.25.~ Wed Jul  9 13:10:41 2003
--- dir Mon Mar 15 14:31:56 2004
***************
*** 46,51 ****
--- 46,52 ----
  * MIME: (emacs-mime).   Emacs MIME de/composition library.
  * SC: (sc).           Supercite lets you cite parts of messages you're
                          replying to, in flexible ways.
+ * SMTP: (smtpmail).     Emacs library for sending mail via SMTP.

  * Autotype: (autotype). Convenient features for text that you enter frequently
                            in Emacs.
  * Forms: (forms).     Emacs package for editing data bases
                          by filling in forms.
  * RefTeX: (reftex).   Emacs support for LaTeX cross-references and citations.
+ * SES: (ses).           Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
  * Tramp: (tramp).     Transparent Remote (file) Access, Multiple Protocol.
                            Edit remote files via a remote shell (rsh,
                            ssh, telnet).