Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:47:26 -0500

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 09:52:08PM +0100, Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:
> compilation-skip-visited is your friend.  I chose not to default this to
> true, because these may be several errors, and somebody might oversee that
> there was more.

No, it must default to t.

There are certainly occasions when skipping identical errors with the same
line is awkward, but the old compile did so for a good reason -- with current
compilers etc., usually it's the right thing to do.

[No, you don't have the option of changing the compilers! :-]

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.