Re: address@hidden: Where to ask for Info features?]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Where to ask for Info features?]
Date: 05 Apr 2004 04:30:07 +0200

>     Anyhow: in Emacs images are either overlays (in which case it is
>     impossible to copy them anyway) or text properties.  While there is
>     the special case of empty overlays also, in general an image covers
>     an underlying text.
>
> When you copy text that includes image properties, these properties
> will either be kept or discarded depending on yank-excluded-properties.
> Perhaps we should make that include `display' in some cases.

Pretty often, I guess, since yanking more often than not implies an
actual _use_ of the text in different context.  And in most contexts,
an image does not have a useful representation in the file.

But that actually was not what my proposal was about.  It was about
the ability to specify in the info file what text it should be that
carries the image property (or the image overlay: as I don't think an
info image would make sense in any other buffer, one might as well
make it an overlay, which is a buffer-local entity).