Re: Unsafe file variables...

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Unsafe file variables...
Date: 05 Apr 2004 14:06:37 +0200

>       But a good solution was proposed
>     a while back here: add a customization variable that allows the user to
>     specify a list of safe code which he's willing to eval in the future.
>
> Perhaps the two features can be combined.
> That package could treat anything it finds in that list as "safe".

It occurred to me that we could improve the use of safe-local-eval-forms
by allowing the user to answer the question "eval local form: xxx" in
such a way that the form is automatically added to safe-local-eval-forms.

E.g. (y)es (n)o (p)erm.

That would be much simpler than the complex functionality suggested by David.

But we may also want to save a negative response, so maybe we should add
unsafe-local-eval-forms and have these options:

(y)es (n)o (Y)es (N)o

where the latter two add the form to either safe-local-eval-forms or
unsafe-local-eval-forms.