Re: Compilation to native

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Compilation to native
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:28:58 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:
> I used HEAD for several months, and have since switched to the unicode
> branch for several months.  I still experience a crash or two a month,
> which is bad, but I cannot say I noticed any difference between the
> two.

Could you please report the detail of the crash?  Aren't
there any backtrace information?

> As for third party packages, I'm using the unicode branch with Gnus
> and ERC (IRC client) for heavy duty work every day, so clearly I think
> the Unicode branch is ready for merging, feature freeze, testing, and
> release as soon as possible.

> I must confess, however, that I have hoped all this time that the bidi
> branch would be merged into the unicode branch, and that we'd release
> the stuff as Emacs 22...  Even fickle Arabic and Hebrew support is
> better than no support at all...  And for all it's worth, I've used
> the bidi branch for IRC as well!  :)

When I set enable-bidi-display to t in Emacs of emacs-bidi
branch, it crashes as soon as it tries to display Hebrew or
Arabic.  I have not yet been able to find a time to
investigate it.  :-(

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden