Re: Mistakes in TUTORIAL.fr

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Mistakes in TUTORIAL.fr
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:54:08 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:

> This user reports a problem with the TUTORIAL.fr.  I can't access
> savannah at the moment, but the fault is also present in my 2003-07-08
> checkout of GNU Emacs.

[...]
> Unfortunately, in the french tutorial no ending period is
> followed by two spaces.  This makes the command "M-e"
> impossible to test although the french reader is invited to
> do so:

>>>  Tapez quelques C-a et quelques C-e.
>    Puis tapez quelques M-a et quelques M-e.

Thank you for finding this problem.  We should fix it.  But
how?

Putting one more space after periods in TUTORIAL.fr is easy.

But, if double spaces after a period looks very ugly or
intolerable typing method for French people (I don't know
anything about French typesetting), we may have to change
sentence-end in the TUTORIAL.fr buffer.

Éric, your name is listed as a translator of TUTORIAL.fr.
What do you think?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden